Already in 2008
We are Djina and Sofi, and we met at Folkuniversitetet, where we both taught Swedish as a foreign language. Both of us believed there was something missing from the traditional language curriculum, and we started talking about how to improve it by adding a cultural dimension. By recognising that communication is a social practice more complex than linguistics, we were aiming to create a programme a stronger focus on applicability and relevance. Seven years later, these ideas were finally realised, and Bee Swedish was founded. We are now in an expansion phase, and looking for ways to grow the business and maintain our position as the high-quality alternative for Swedish language and culture training in Stockholm.
Sofi Tegsveden Deveaux
Director. Teaching Swedish and Swedishness.
email@example.com | +46 (0)70 045 4875
- Sofi has helped internationals to communicate effectively in Swedish and with Swedes, since 2008, in Sweden and the UK.
- Originally trained as an architect, Sofi has developed a way of thinking that is analytical and critical at the same time as being creative and playful.
- She is inter-culturally proficient after 15 years of international experience, and can communicate successfully with professionals from all backgrounds.
- Using her social and emotional intelligence, she recognises the unique challenges of your case, and designs your learning programme according to your specific needs.
Ask Sofi about
- The history of of Swedishness.
- Swedish values and social codes.
- The Nordic relationship to nature.
- Comparisons between Swedish and Latin languages.
Hire Sofi to
- Improve your pronunciation.
- Integrate your theoretical language skills in a practical, communicative context.
- Get a detailed understanding of the structure of the Swedish language.
- Learn Swedish for architects.
- Organise an event about Swedish culture and communication.
Sofi's roles for Bee Swedish
- Running and developing the business.
- Lecturing and conducting workshops about Swedishness.
- Teaching Swedish.
- Djina has been teaching Swedish as a foreign language since 2004, in Sweden, Germany and the US.
- She is a qualified language teacher, and also a professional translator and interpreter (German – Swedish). She has an immense knowledge of the theoretical and practical dimensions of language and linguistics.
- After having lived, studied and worked in the Middle East, North America and Europe, she has developed a nuanced understanding of other cultures, and a critical perspective on her own.
- Being genuinely positive, she brings out the best in all her students and clients, and makes them challenge themselves whilst making progress.
Ask Djina about
- Language levels & CEFR.
- Which path to choose to reach your goals.
- Comparisons between Swedish, German and English.
- Swedish literature.
- How to network through sports.
Hire Djina to
- Organise and implement any language education programme.
- Improve your spoken and written Swedish in a fun and constructive environment.
- Prepare for a language exam.
- Learn medical Swedish.
- Create customised course material for your organisation.
Djina's roles at Bee Swedish
- Managing all our education programmes.
- Development of course material and exams.
- Assessing entry levels for new clients.
- Formulating course plans.
- Production of exams.
- Teaching Swedish.
- Lecturing and conducting workshops about Swedish culture and history.
Would you like to see your picture here?
We are currently looking for talented, skilled, experienced and independent Swedish language teachers to join our team. Please see our vacancies section for details and to apply.
Some of Our Clients
In collaboration with our partner Yrkessvenska, Bee Swedish is the co-founder and affiliate of PYS validering AB, an education company specialising in validation of Swedish language skills for professionals in the medical field, who need to prove their language skills to acquire their licence to practise in Sweden. At the moment, you can take the PYS medicin exam three times a year. A preparatory course is also available online. The PYS exam is approved by The Swedish National Board of Health and Welfare (Socialstyrelsen) as validation of language level C1 (CEFR).
LYS förlag (läromedel i yrkessvenska) is a part of PYS, and makes up a small publisher specialising in course literature in professional Swedish, non-fiction relating to Swedish language and culture, and also a channel for non-Swedish writers based in Sweden to publish their work.
What about the Bees?
Any enterprise needs an ideological compass, a reference that defines our goal and purpose. Ours is that complex and highly organised society of bees, a society that depends fully on successful communiation and collaboration. Bees also play an important role in the eco-system, fostering sustainability and prosperity. When bees thrive, they make honey. Honey is gold.
Puns and metaphors aside, we enjoy the buzz.